While reading the latest issue of Make magazine today over my morning coffee, I thought, "My kids and I would have loved this magazine in the technology lab. It has so many projects I could have tied in with the different modules in my class. So, here is my enthusiastic plug for a great magazine.
For example, this months featured articles are:
- Retro R/C Racer: Build a model 1930's midget racer out of scrap.
- DIY Wheels: All kinds of ideas on how to mod a bike.
- Vacuum Former: Build your own!
- Rotating Bird Feeder: Photograph those pesky birds....close-up!
- Solid Geometry: Learn the five Platonic solids and then build stuff!
There is a electronic version available to subscribers. There is also a related blog and podcast worth looking into. This is a fun read for any technology geek, even if you never build a single project.
["makezine.com: MAKE: Magazine." Make: Technology on Your Time. 2007. O'Reilly Media, Inc.. 10 Sep 2007