Wednesday, September 12, 2007

TED: Ideas Worth Spreading

When I first heard about TED, I thought,

"Yuch! A bunch of professors and old academics getting up and giving formal talks to a bunch sleeping graduate students. Shoot me now!"

Finally, I went to the site after an enticing talk was mentioned on a blog I was reading. Now every time I think about TED, I think, "Wow!"

TED bring together the most creative, interesting, thoughtful speakers to talk about subjects they are passionate about. Watch one or two of these videos and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I also think that, like me, you will check back here at least once a week to see what's new. There are many of these short videos that would be appropriate to share with your students either in a classroom setting or individually. They are distributed under a Creative Common's license and are freely usable as long as you credit the source.

I'm embedding a 5:41 minute talk that I found fascinating and moving by Dean Kamen who has been working on the development of a new prosthetic arm. The photo here is a screenshot from that presentation.



["TED| TEDBlog." TED:Ideas Worth Spreading. 2007. TED. 11 Sep 2007 .]

No comments:

Post a Comment