Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Worth 1000

Worth 1000 is a website where folks compete in photography and photo manipulation.  I haven't been here for a while, and it looks like they've redesigned the site.  It also looks like they are more closely associated with the Aviary online tools. 

I often come here when I am trying to come up with ideas for my Multimedia classes.  I've adapted some of the contests I've seen here into classroom lessons.  I don't usually visit the site live during class, as there can be inappropriate for school content.  They've also added a multimedia section that I don't remember seeing before that includes other media such as sound.  Use your judgment on using in the classroom based on the level of your students.


Here is a recent illustration contest: Literary Scenes - Worth1000 Contests.  The scene above was taken from this slide show and is called "The House of Usher" by bajazet.

No comments:

Post a Comment