Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Most Recent Image

I usually use Google Image search when I am in a hurry to find a picture.  This post over at digital inspiration, The Problem with Google Image Search, basically says that Google isn't the best at bringing you the most recent photos out there.  Pictures of "Real Time Events".  He compared Google, Bing and Yahoo and Yahoo won in terms of bringing the most recent pictures.

I tried a couple of different searches on breaking news stories and got similar results. Interesting.  I don't often need the most recent picture on the web, but this might be handy to know on those times I do.

[Image: "Binoculars"; Uploaded on February 14, 2010
by tunnelarmr; http://www.flickr.com/photos/tunnelarmr/4356244277/ (CC: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic)

)

No comments:

Post a Comment