Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hunting the Internet for Quality Content

Read this article in Education Week this morning discussing ways that teachers can find educational materials on the web. My success in this activity is relational to how much time I have to look. If I suddenly need to find a lesson for a class because my dog ate my briefcase and I have an hour or less to find what I need, I am doomed to failure. Give me a little more time and I usually find something that I can adapt. Rarely do I find something that can be taken straight from the web into my classroom. To be fair, I had very few resources like that before the web (yes I'm that old). We teachers are always tweaking lessons to meet a classroom's specific need and match our own presentation style.

I haven't had a chance to explore the three sites brought up in the article although Curriki recently came across my radar and I've got it on my Twitter feed. I went ahead and linked to them below. I still recommend the article. It has some useful information.


[via Curriki (Tweet)]
[Image: "Working on Long Range Lesson Plans": Flickr: Uploaded on September 24, 2005 by CaptPiper: http://www.flickr.com/photos/piper/46059383/: Creative Commons: Attribution-Noncommercial]

No comments:

Post a Comment