Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bubbl


Bubbl is one of several mindmapping applications available online. I've been looking for something I can use with my web design students. I want them to map out some fairly large sites and I need something that lets them do this easily and collaboratively.

I experimented with Bubbl and it seems to do what I want. So, I recetly took a deep breath and had my web students sign up. We started building a site map together and it worked better than my experience with WriteMaps (File Structure and web design and Writemaps: Followup) but still isn't perfect. On more than one occasion, students ended up loosing some of their edits. But with a few tweaks in how we worked it met our needs.

I'm going to try out a few other programs but we'll be using Bubbl in the meantime. I'm thinking of maybe using just a wiki of some sort. I'm in a class that will be exploring some of the uses of wiki's this semester and maybe that will give me some guidance on the "perfect" program.

No comments:

Post a Comment