Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Google Calendar In Your Sidebar

I've been messing around with Google Docs a lot lately and stumbled across this great little tutorial on The Edublogger describing how to embed a small version of your Google Calendar in the sidebar of your web page. I had been just thinking about trying to figure this one out. I love it when someone saves me a few steps.

I'm working on getting my classroom pages organized in such a way as to be useful for my students and also manageable for me. I created them using Google Docs and have been playing with many of the built in features including embedded calendars. I'm experimenting a whole lot more than I might normally because I am also the resource person in my building for all things Google Docs. If you have looked at my pages the idea of me being a resource person might be a little scary. Right now my pages feel like a mish-mash of different gadgets. It's too much and I'm going streamline soon.

Maybe during the coming long weekend? A man can't spend 4 full days eating turkey. Can he?


[Image captured from "How to Embed a Google Calendar in Your Blog Sidebar": The Edublogger: http://theedublogger.edublogs.org/2008/10/27/how-to-embed-a-google-calendar-in-your-blog-sidebar/]

No comments:

Post a Comment