Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Student Film Festival

I always wanted to be organized enough to run a film festival for my school. It would be an opportunity to share with teachers and parents some of the wonderful student work I get to see in my tech classes. I thought it would be an extra bit of motivation for students to put forth their best effort. I thought it would be fun.

I never got this done but a school district not too many miles from my own in the Denver Metropolitan area did. They run something called the Adams 14 Film Fest. The web site has examples from past festivals and a bunch of linked resources that would be valuable to anyone teaching video to kids.

I plan on attending this year. Maybe it will motivate me to try and get something going in my own district.

[Image: Screenshot from Adams 14 Film Fest Website, http://schoolweb.acsd14.k12.co.us/filmfest/index.htm]

No comments:

Post a Comment