Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Make Electronics (7) Soldering

I decided to practice my soldering skills while waiting for my electronic parts to arrive. Gives me a chance to break in the new soldering iron and practice some of the joints mentioned in the book. Right away let me say after trying to hold pieces of wire together, the solder and the iron, I'm glad I ordered a Helping Hands stand the other day. I ended up using some alligator clips to help me keep everything together. I remember this being much easier when I was a teenager. Although the first joint shown here turned out pretty good. Nice and shiny. Uniform. Rounded shape.

It went downhill from there.

I kept adding joints to my wire until I'd done about six different connections. My first was my best.

Think I'll wait for the helping hands before I do anymore.


Found this video tutorial on Make for the beginner. 



Previous Posts:
[Images: Photographed by Al Gunn (CC: Attribution)]

No comments:

Post a Comment