Sunday, September 13, 2009

Replacing Kangoo parts



Rasmus has made a YouTube video showing how to replace the soles and clamps on his kangoos. I went onto the official Kangoo Site to see what instructions they had available for this process. I copied a diagram from the site to show how they suggest you put the clamps on. They show only a screwdriver. Rasmus used a screwdriver, a wrench (to use like a lever), brute force, patience and a few kids running around. Although I think the kids are optional.

I think I might add a few bandaides....cause I figure the first time I try this, there will be blood!

He is using a lot more force than the diagrams imply. I am wondering if anyone else out there has found an easier way to get the clamps onto their boots? A better tool? A better method? If so, let me know and I'll mention it here. This kind of information is helpful for all of us in the Kangoo community.

Thanks to Rasmus for sharing his process.
















Part 1



Part 2



[Image captured from YouTube Video: Part 2 - Howto exchange Kangoo Jumps T-SPRING TS Pro6 and sole for model KJarmstrong XR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OJ0CJ8bWI8]
[Images of boots captured from Kangoo Site: http://www.kangoojumps.com/doc913.htm]

No comments:

Post a Comment