Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Video Book Report


My nephew Lukas and classmate Clair created this presentation as part of a fourth grade project on The Secret Garden. Dad helped with the camera work and special effects but it's the the two kids talking about the book that is special to me. Presentation of material doesn't always have to be paper and pencil.




I am reminded of a young man a few years ago with a disability who wasn't able to function well in a regular classroom. I had him for video production and he was one of my best students. Put him in front of a camera and he was a different person. He took chances. He practiced his presentations. He was creative. He researched his topics. Technology, and in particular, video technology can be great way to get kids into a topic.

[Image take from the video: The Me Show]

No comments:

Post a Comment