Thursday, May 28, 2009

New phone

I've missed several meetings this past month. I've lost some phone messages. I am getting more absent minded every day.....although my wife may say that isn't a new behavior. This and the fact that my mobile phone is over four years old made me say yes when my wife said she wanted to update our service to iPhones for each of us.

Boy. What a life changer this has been!

All my calendars are synced in one place. I can access all my email accounts. My contact information is exactly the same as what is on my home computer and they both sync every time I plug into my computer. Texting is much easier than my old phone. It has made a big difference in my day to day life. For the better.

The interface took me minutes to learn vs working with the manual for days to learn the features on my last phone. The hardest thing was getting my wife's phone to hook into a joint email account we have through our ISP. A little research on the web and I had it up and running in about 30 minutes. In every other instance, messing around with the interface for a few minutes and I can get it to work. I love that.

The applications available for the iPhone are also eye opening. I can connect to my Facebook account whenever I want. I can get directions to pretty much anywhere using a little app called Touch-n-Go. I've got a compatible copy of MacGourmet on my phones which allows me to carry my computer recipe bank with me to the store. I have a few music apps. But, really for the most part, everything I wanted and needed came with the iPhone.

I was reluctant to make the move up to a new cell. Now that I've had it for a week, I'm sold. My wife who isn't quite the techno-nerd I am probably loves her phone more than I do mine. It is a wonderful little device.

[Image: Captured from http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/mail.html]

No comments:

Post a Comment