Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sharing your PDF files


Found Yudu mentioned on a blog while I was searching for something else.....one of my favorite occurrences. Kinda like finding spare change in the couch when you are looking for the missing phone. It just so happened I had given a workshop to teachers recently about running a Paperless classroom and one of the suggestions I made was to make all their worksheets/assignments available online as PDFs. The students could download them or read them from their browsers. We have the capability to do this in two ways in our building. One, is to place the files on our server. Two, is to place files in a Google Site page they create specifically for this purpose.

I now have a third option. Yudu is a way to put your PDF files online and make them available to your students for free. Some restrictions apply but they are the same ones that apply in my building so I don't see a problem.
  • No adult content
  • No offensive material
  • No copyright abuse

You have the following options regarding your PDFs. You can make your material:
  • Public Everyone can see and browse this content
  • Private Only You can see this content
  • Protected Password protect your content to limit who can view it.
Anybody else tried this site yet? Any opinions?


[via Free Technology for Teachers]

No comments:

Post a Comment