Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Release Mechanisms


Building release mechanisms came up frequently with students in my tech lab. They often wanted to create a release for Rube Goldberg type devices. I hate to admit that I was less than helpful. It wasn't an area of stregth for me. Since then, I've been exploring mechanical releases for a project I am working on and was pleasantly surprised to find this video from Make in my RSS feed that discusses two release devices ideal for heavy loads: a pelican hook or a panic snap.


Maker to Maker - Load-Release Devices on MAKE: television from make magazine on Vimeo.

[via Make]

[Image captured from Jamestown Distributers: http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=14341&engine=adwords!6456&keyword=pelican_hook]

No comments:

Post a Comment