Thursday, January 29, 2009

Panaramic Inauguration


This panoramic image was mentioned on several sites and I finally clicked over to take a look and was impressed. I loved being able to zoom in on sections. Close enough to make out facial expressions. The creator had this to say:
I made a panoramic image showing the nearly two million people who watched President Obama’s inaugural address. To do so, I clamped a Gigapan Imager to the railing on the north media platform about six feet from my photo position. The Gigapan is a robotic camera mount that allows me to take multiple images and stitch them together, creating a massive image file.

[Image captured from David Bergman's blog: All Access: http://www.davidbergman.net/blog/2009/01/22/how-i-made-a-1474-megapixel-photo-during-president-obamas-inaugural-address/]

No comments:

Post a Comment