Thursday, December 4, 2008

PDF Undo






A teacher I work with was struggling to get some text off of a PDF document he was using in his History class and asked if I knew an easy way to accomplish this task. I knew I just recently had read something about a PDF converter but I didn't have anything like that in my bookmarks at work. I searched all my emails with no positive results. I told him I'd have to get back to him but I was pretty sure I had a resource of some kind.

Came home and still couldn't find any links on my office machine. So, I sat thinking where might I have seen a post about something like this. Then I said to my cat,
"Larry Ferlazzo's site! That has to be it."
My cat seemed impressed with my mental acuity and while she went back to licking her paws, I quickly went to Larry's site which I do have bookmarked and did a search. Sure enough I found the info about a program called PDF Undo. I tried converting several PDFs and they all came out perfect.

Thanks again Larry for helping promote the illusion to the people at work that I know everything. (Or perhaps it's the illusion that I think I know everything?)

[Image captured from PDF Undo: http://www.pdfundo.net]

No comments:

Post a Comment