This article, Go with the Flow: Selling Social Networks has some good information for answering some of the following questions about using social networks in the classroom.
- How can social software enhance learning?
- While using Web-based programs, can students stumble upon inappropriate sites?
- How can we prevent students from disclosing personal information online?
- What about students using the technology for nefarious purposes?
- Do outsiders have access to the Web site the students are using and, thus personal information?
- What about the cost?
[image: "My social Network on Flickr, Facebook, Twitter and MyblogLog": Flickr: Uploaded on November 2, 2007 by luc legay: http://www.flickr.com/photos/luc/1824234195/: Creative Commons]