Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hiding a Lav Mic


My students don't like to use the lav mics when videotaping. The main reason given to me is that they don't like how they look with that ugly "black thing" hanging on their clothing. The second reason is they don't want to take the time to set up a secondary mic. In regards to taking the time, I can usually win them over after they have had to re-shoot footage several times because of bad sound. In regards to the first reason, I am going to show them this video from Videomaker that describes several ways of hiding a mic. I like the clever idea of hiding a lav mic inside a pen that then sticks up out of your pocket. I am also going to be adding some medical tape (attaching mic to skin) and some moleskin (lessens the effect of cloth rubbing against mic) to our video tool kit.



[Image: "Sony ECM-CS10 Tie-Clip-Style Omnidirectional Business Microphone": Captured from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ECM-CS10-Tie-Clip-Style-Omnidirectional-Microphone/dp/B000246SKU/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_i]

No comments:

Post a Comment