I often wonder if blogging has hit it's peak? I wonder if it is just this generation's CB Radio and will fade away leaving only a few of us writing these online diary thinga-ma-bobbers? I wonder if anyone other than my sweet, supportive sister-in-law in Minnesota ever reads my blog?
This article from ars technica says no. Blogging is not dead. At least not yet. Here are a few juicy items from the post.
- 45% of the internet users surveyed have started a blog (up 14% since 2007)
- Asia has the fastest growing population of bloggers (over 70% in several countries)
- 63.5% of us keep a personal blog and most write about their daily life
- 82% of those internet users watch online video (50% increase since 2006)
- Americans would rather read blogs than make them (72% read blogs regularily)
"Thats a Four-Ten Good Buddy. It's time to Get Gone and then Get Horizontal. Over and Out!"
[Image: Typing hands-take two: Uploaded on May 20, 2006 by Tojosan: creative commons]
[Note: My CB is a little rusty...I either said I'm signing off and going to bed. Or that I am dead? My apologies to all you truckers out there...and I'm not dead!]