Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Classroom Activities for the Busy Teacher: NXT


Damien Kee has written a book, Classroom Activities for the Busy Teacher: NXT that might be of interest to those of you who use Lego in your school. He has designed a 10 week set of lesson plans on robotics based on the NXT Mindstorm kit. I haven't seen the book yet but I looked at some of the sample pages provided on the site and if I were still teaching a robotics class at my middle school, I'd purchase the book. It looks like it has some great activities.



Here's a list of the chapters:

  • Chapter 1: Introduction
  • Chapter 2: What is a robot?
  • Chapter 3: Flowcharting
  • Chapter 4: DomaBot Basics
  • Chapter 5: How fast?
  • Chapter 6: How many sides?
  • Chapter 7: Help! I'm Stuck
  • Chapter 8: Help! I'm (still) stuck
  • Chapter 9: Stay Away from the Edge
  • Chapter 10: Did you hear that?
  • Chapter 11: Mini-Golf
  • Chapter 12: Dancing Robots
  • Chapter 13: Mexican Wave
  • Chapter 14: Robot Butler
  • Chapter 15: As seen on TV!
  • Chapter 16: Student Worksheets

He has more details about what's covered in each chapter, some sample pages available for download and some cool related links to explore on his site. This is definitely going on my list of books to buy.

[Image: Captured from Dombotics: http://www.domabotics.com/resources.php]

No comments:

Post a Comment