Monday, December 1, 2008

Free Technology for Teachers




Stumbled on Richard Byrne's Free Technology for Teachers blog recently and I'm hooked. I appreciate how he first introduces an application and then clearly writes about the possible applications to education. I know that I have a tendency to enthusiastically promote something new before I've completely thought through how it might be implemented. I'll blather on about a new technology I've just seen or read about and my office-mate will smile and then politely ask, once I've stopped to take a breath,
"Yeah Al, that's cool, but when would I ever use something like that with my students."
He then slips out the door before I can come up with concrete examples.

Richard answers the question of usability before it is asked. I like that and I think you will too.

[Image: Original image captured "Discarded Computers Pose Risk to Groundwater": http://ag.arizona.edu/AZWATER/awr/septoct01/news.html: Modified by Al Gunn]

No comments:

Post a Comment